April 17, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – With the rumble of excitement surrounding the unveiling of the new 2015 Dodge Challenger and 2015 Dodge Charger at the New York Auto Show, Mopar is getting in on the fun with an array of accessories parts for muscle-car enthusiasts looking to personalize their new rides.
Even as the Dodge brand significantly updates both its iconic Challenger and Charger with performance upgrades and 1971-inspired classic styling, Mopar will help owners add to the uniqueness of their new vehicles with an offering of more than 100 accessories and performance parts available when vehicles arrive in dealerships later this year.
Among the Mopar performance parts that will be available at the launch of the all-new 2015 Dodge Charger and 2015 Dodge Challenger are a suspension lowering kit, anti-sway bar kit and cold air intakes. Additionally, light weight wheels and a cat back exhaust, as well as a big brake kit and the ever-popular Scat Pack stage kits will be among the performance offerings.
Mopar also will provide additional performance parts specific to the 2015 Dodge Challenger such as a shaker hood, T/A hood kit and T/A hood venting system.
“The new Dodge Charger and Challenger are amped and ready to hit the streets and so is the Mopar brand with all the added accessories enthusiasts crave,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO — Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “We are committed to assisting owners in personalizing each new Chrysler Group vehicle as soon as it is introduced, and even before driving away from the dealership when they use our Mopar Custom Shop option.”
“Fresh off the launch of the Dodge Scat Pack performance stage kits, Dodge and Mopar are teaming up again to help owners customize their iconic muscle cars,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO — Dodge Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “And whether the customer wants to add different stripes, lower the suspension or add a cat-back exhaust, the new 2015 Charger and Challenger are the perfect vehicles to upfit with all the latest Mopar accessories.”
Owners of the new 2015 Dodge Charger or 2015 Dodge Challenger will soon have the ability to customize their rides during the ordering process through the Mopar Custom Shop. This option will see their new car delivered to the dealership equipped with the additional Mopar accessories personally chosen during the ordering process, with the added products listed on the Monroney sticker.
Among the Mopar products available as accessories for the new 2015 Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger will be:
- Cold air intake
- Anti-sway bar kit
- Suspension lowering kit
- Brake kit
- Cat back exhaust
- Hood pin kit
- Hood kits
- Grille kit
- Wheel options (11)
- Mopar wheel center caps
- Rear spoilers
- Decal kit
- Stripe kits
- Bright pedal kit
- Wheel locks
- Remote start
- Audio upgrades
- Battery charger
- Uconnect Web
- Park distance sensor kit
- Engine block heater kit
- Fog light kit
- Ambient lighting
- Washer solvent heater
- Emergency kit
- Door sill entry guards
- Hitch receivers and trailer tow products
- Bike/Ski carrier products (hitch mounted)
- Vehicle cover
- Engine covers
- Floor mats/slush mats
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked in 1937 with the launch of an antifreeze product but truly made its mark in the 1960s during the muscle-car era. From Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use, the brand soon expanded to include technical service and customer support.
Today, Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes more than 500,000 parts and accessories in more than 130 markets, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group brands as well as FIAT brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and FIAT vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car