The 2014 Jeep Cherokee is back and better than ever, and industry experts are taking notice of this stunning sport utility vehicle. Earlier in December, it was announced that the Cherokee was chosen as the “Best New SUV/CUV under $35,000 by the Automobile Journalist Association of Canada (AJAC). The award is part of the 26th annual Canadian Car of the Year (CCOTY) awards program.
About the Award
To determine which vehicles earn these highly coveted honors, 80 automotive journalists from all over Canada gather at Niagara Falls to participate in “TestFest.” During this year’s event, the journalists evaluated and drove 174 different vehicles that were either new to the market or had received significant changes.
Highlights of the 2014 Jeep Cherokee
The Jeep Cherokee has just returned to North America after a 12 year hiatus and is loaded with plenty of premium features. Some of the standard and available amenities you may find on the Cherokee include:
- The new Jeep Selec-Terrain traction control system that has up to five different customized modes (Snow, Auto, Sand/Mud, Sport, and Rock)
- The Uconnect media center with an 8.4-inch color touchscreen
- A 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir I-4 engine
- The available Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist system, which is the first time the system has been used in a Chrysler Group model
Because of the success that the 2014 Jeep Cherokee had at the Canadian Car of the Year awards program, the vehicle will also compete for the overall honor of 2014 Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year. That title will be announced in February at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto.
Other Reasons to Love the New Cherokee
- The 2014 Jeep Cherokee was named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- It was designed with high-quality interior materials for a luxurious feel, but still has all of the toughness associated with the Jeep brand.
- There are three different available four-wheel drive systems which include Jeep Active Drive I, Jeep Active Drive II, and Jeep Active Drive Lock.
Stop By Ottawa Dodge to See the 2014 Jeep Cherokee
The latest Jeep Cherokee has even more to offer than what was mentioned above. To find out more about this stunning new Jeep SUV, be sure to visit Ottawa Dodge in Ottawa, Ontario. Feel free to schedule a test drive or speak to one of our knowledgeable and friendly associates by calling (877) 527-8380.